Raining now. Intermittent lightning and thunders.
Alone at my home just like usual but super have the feel to blog at this moment.
Maybe because... today marks the 1st year 8 month of sweetheart's death anniversary.
My last blog entry was on 18 April 2016... And today is already the 21st July 2016. So it has been more than 3 months since I last blogged.
So many things have happened during this span of 3 months and I don't know which to start writing about. And if I really were to sit down and write about my thoughts on all of what have happened... I think I can sit here all day and all night to do so... Haha!
Basically the more major events are:
- Krabi trip with sec sch friends
- Organised birthday bash + housewarming at my house & it was a success =DDD
- Erina's wedding + Tuesday suppers with Erina, Sihui and Qihang (some others sometimes)
- Trisha's baby bash
- Pretended to be the "mother" of my little sister and went for parent-meeting session
- Gathered and brought my ex-students for a trip at Sentosa to have fun! =DDD
- NUS union camp 2016
- Joined NUS volunteering team (in charge of helping out orphanage in Cambodia this coming December)- bonding days, lesson planning meet-up(s), etc
- Admitted to hospital for being allergic to alcohol(?)
- Started teaching back some of my ex-students (Sophie, Kayvier etc) + started teaching Amaths for the first time (Junpeng!)
- Registered for Class 2A practical lessons and passed practical lesson 1. Left with 2 more pracs to pass before I can go for TP! :)
- Bought a ukelele and started ukelele lessons every monday (:
- Started going to gym regularly again but California Fitness suddenly closed down >:( (I paid 2k cash upfront for my 2 years membership omg. I'm still left with 1 year membership!!!!!!)
- Got to know several new biker friends =DDDD and I really like how brother they are hahah
- Met up with primary sch friends to catch up on our lives (Alson, Carmen, Yeeting)
- Met up with Joseph before he flies off for overseas working stint
- Met up with JC girls to catch up (Cassandra and Xinting)
- Started using snapchat every day and it seems to have become a part of my life now
- Tuitions, tuitions, tuitions
Some reflections on how I have spent these 3 months:
I'm glad that I have really utilised my sem break to do all the things I planned out to do =DD
Ukelele has always been something I want to learn.. and I finally kick-started this learning process! I still have a lot to improve though... and I will try my best to make out more time to become better at it :))
Here are some snippets of snapchat videos I saved!
I've also made many friends throughout this period. =D Whether or not they would become mere acquaintances or not.. I guess that's fine as long as we have enjoyed one another's companion during those times we spent together :))
Also went out of my comfort zone to join events that involve group settings such as union camp, volunteering team for cambodia trip etc...and I think I am starting to get better in group settings. Slowly...but surely.. I have faith in this :')
I'm so so so so so happy to gather some of my ex-students to bring them to Sentosa!!!!!! They are still as cheeky as ever. Haha =DD
I remembered organising this blind-folding game at the beach whereby the catcher has to be blind-folded and use a stick-like item to catch the rest of the people. A boundary is set by 4 slippers at 4 corners.
This is Nicole hitting the air and I snapchatted this down :P
When it was my turn to be the catcher, my ex-students were so naughty and they ganged up to play a trick on me. I remembered trying my best to keep running around but I couldn't catch anyone, not even 1 person when the boundary was so small!!! When I took out my blindfold, I found out they went to take the 4 slippers and expanded the boundary until SO big!!!! No wonder I cannot catch them! Lol! Roar!!!
Still remembered those days when I first started teaching all of them.. I was taller than all of them! Now I am the shortest one already T_________T
Really love and miss all of my ex-students so much. Am always wishing they are doing good in their respective schools and growing up well :')
I know that when school starts and I have to juggle with school and work, it would be very difficult to catch up with many of my dear friends even if I want to so I made sure I meet up with them in my sem break and I did it! Teehee =DDDD
Dinner with primary school friends
Catch up with Joseph
Baby tyriel's first month baby bash~ XD
Secondary school friends~
As it is my sem break and I have more free time, I took up additional tuition sessions with some of my ex-students again for the time being since their parents requested.
One of them is Kayvier!
Here is a short video of his cute response when I tried to give him clue for the answer. hahah.
To sum up my sem break... I feel this sem break is a really happening & fulfilling one for me. ^^
Thank you to all my old friends, close friends, new friends, students, ex-students, family members, whoever you are who made semester break such a meaningful one ((:
And it is approximately two more weeks to the start of a whole new semester of year 2 life in NUS.
Time to unfold a whole new chapter of my life (:
Stay strong and live on for those who lost the privilege of life, for life itself is a gift. <3
Live, to the fullest, everyday.