Thursday 31 March 2016

Tuition every Thursday

I realized I've always been blogging about school and other stuff... and rarely on my tuition job!

So today, I'll like to spend some time posting about certain interesting things that happened in my work. XD

Today, Lynn (parent of a child I am currently coaching) was happily telling me how her daughter has scored well in her composition and her teacher even wanted to photocopy her composition and share with everyone in the class... As she continued to rattle on how glad she was because Reanne's weakest component had always been Chinese composition... I suddenly interrupted and said: "That piece of composition... I did it with her during tuition!"

Her lit-up face suddenly toned down drastically and she screamed in a seemingly amused manner: "REANNE!!!!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME TEACHER BOON MAY TAUGHT YOU ONE!!! GRRR! MAKE ME HAPPY FOR NOTHING!" 

Hahaha XD Her reaction was so hilarious! 

I also went to teach Jovan today. He is a mischievous, inquisitive and cute primary 4 boy whom I have been teaching for 1 year plus for now... I always laugh at him narrating his stories with lots of sound effects. He always like to ask very weird, you can say out-of-the-box yet hilarious questions... 

I remembered once.. our conversation went something like this:

Jovan: Teacher Boon May, how do you know a person is a boy or girl?
Me: There are a lot of ways to see it. Obviously for your age, the hair length would be the most obvious characteristic to determine a person is a boy or girl, right?
Jovan: But teacher! I have this Indian classmate who has long hair but he tells me he is a boy. 
Me: Ahh, then maybe you can see if he goes to the male toilet or the female toilet?
Jovan: But teacher! Maybe my Indian classmate is a girl but this Indian classmate just wants to go to the boy's toilet?
Me: Easy! If he is using the urinal, the thing that boys pee on in toilet.. then he must a boy because he can "aim" his urine there. Girls cannot "aim" when they stand up and pee! 
Jovan: Teacher, you are wrong. Guys cannot aim when they pee one. Like me ah.... when I pee... "WOOOOOOO" the pee everywhere one!!!

Hahahaha. I swear the way he described the sound effect in a very animated manner was really so cute and funny =D

Today... I got a shock when he asked me if I had a "gang" when I was in primary school because he has a "gang".

I laughed and said: "I wouldn't say I have a gang, but I would say I have groups of friends! Jovan, gang is usually used to refer to a group of people who do bad things, really bad things, like hitting innocent people."

While he nodded and seemed to completely understood what I meant.. He still continued using the word "gang" to describe the group of friends he had in school and all the mischief they had been up to.. as though he loved the word "gang" so much... Lol.. Kids XD



-------------------------

Share a song that I heard from a busker outside Yew Tee mall today...
Was actually running late for my work but this song managed me capture my attention. Ended up, I stood there to listen to the entire song and was so satisfied with the song that I went up to contribute some money to the busker haha.




Well.. why I was so intrigued by this song was because... if you listened to the song, you would realise.. the lyrics are really depressing. And somewhat they relate to my life experience a lot.

YET...

That happy melody and the way the song is being sung... are a complete contrast to the depressive lyrics!

"Just like the flowers, I'm growing wild" - this part of the lyrics seem to illustrate an implicit meaning together with the melody associated with positive connotations. This is the part I like the most haha.

Amazing ((:


As I was slowly passing 
An orphan's home one day, 
I stopped for just a little while 
To watch the children play. 
Alone a boy was standing 
And when I asked him why, 
He turned with eyes that could not see 
And he began to cry. 

I'm nobody's child, 
I'm nobody's child. 
Just like the flowers 
I'm growing wild. 
 no mummy's kisses 
And no daddy's smile. 
Nobody wants me, 
I'm nobody's child. 


-----

Happy things worth remembering/mentioning:
-Mimi accompanied me to eat at my favourite Xin Wang Cafe after work today! =DD (Our jolly "hello", remember? Hahaha!!)

-Rai agreed to lend me his DSLR so that Derrick and I can film a short video to try to apply for being a travel intern next Monday! =DD

-Next Friday is coming! And that means I get to meet my girls soon. Miss them so much

-Week 11 of university. Heading nearer to the end of everything and this means... 3 MONTHS OF FREEDOM!

-Done GER1000 executive summary with a bunch of efficient groupmates on Wed ((:

-Teacher gave really useful insights on my NM2101 assignment so I have a clearer vision on how to approach it

-Parent from my tuition (Eugene) bought me a handphone stand that can be mounted onto my motorcycle. SAY BYE TO BEING ALWAYS LOST WHEN I TRY TO GO TO A NEW PLACE.

-Was so hungry and sleepy yesterday after a long day in school but I got a pleasant surprise when ZW drove down to dapao me some really delicious food =DDD




No comments: