Sunday 3 January 2016

Fourth day of 2016 - Saving money for korea trip/Last day of family staying in my house/A very useful app Diaro

Today is the last day that my mum, little bro and little sis are staying in my house after a short 1 month holidays spent here. >:(

I got woken up by my mom at 12pm today because she claimed she was hungry and told me to get up to cook. I cooked luncheon meat + egg + carrot fried rice for them and headed out to work while they got their way back to their home.

After work, I went to my mom's place to help my little bro and sis to pack their bags as tomorrow is their first day of school. I didn't have to do that but somehow there is this uneasy feeling of mine that won't go away if I don't do so.

When I got there, I checked my bro's bag and found out he actually packed all the volume A and volume B's books in his bag! Lol! Yen Tong told me that this is very typical for a secondary one who is afraid to be scolded by the teacher on the very first day of school and hence decided the safest thing to do is to bring everything.

I took out all the books that are volume B and he reluctantly accepted it after much persistence on my part.

My sis is the same as ever - blur sotong who spent almost 2 hours trying to find out where her new time table is. Lastly she gave up and just packed whatever she thought are relevant.

After that I headed to Sheng Shiong to buy some groceries to last for 1 week.
I'm pretty pumped up to try some new recipes tomorrow ;)

Oh yes!! Recently I downloaded this app called Diaro and I'm loving it so much!

I used to jot down the list of ingredients for recipes on pieces of paper and by the time I went to the supermarket, I would either have forgotten to bring those papers out or forgotten the exact ingredients that I was supposed to buy.

This app allows me the flexibility of recording the recipes either by typing out the ingredients or just by a snapshot of photo and all of them can be classified under one folder as "recipes."

Not only that, I also can create multiple folders such as the another one I have created as "Quotes" which I would record my favourite quotes in there and review them from time to time :)








I set a new year resolution this year - to save $4 per day = $28 per week = $112 per month = $2000++ in 1.5 years so that I won't feel so heart pain to use the money to go overseas. 

I made my mom, bro and sis to join me in this savings plan and we would all go korea together then >:)

These are the four "piggy banks" that I have set aside for us for this saving journey wahaha. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW X3 ALREADY

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHH