Saturday 13 February 2016

NUS ODAC cycling event

This morning I got woken up by my little bro claiming that he was hungry.

So I went down to the market to buy some healthy ingredients to cook for him. I also bought a watermelon which he dislikes and wasted it :( At least he ate the meal I prepared for him though >:(

He had been sick for about 3-4 days now. One thing about my mother is that she cares for him a lot - kept waking up every few hours to check his temperature, bring him to see doctor, make him eat medicine at the right timings..

But she doesn't really care about what he is really putting into his stomach. She even lets him eat pineapple tarts and ba gua! >____<

Luckily, today he just recovered. 

BUT. I just returned home only to find out that mama and bro have gone back to their own home because it became my little sis's turn to fall sick...So mama has to go back to attend to her. She is currently running a fever. Sigh...

 With all these going on, my mum is one who is suffering the most. She is hardly taking a rest and she has to work. 


---------

After going for a short 1.5 hour tuition, I came back home to prepare for an outing organized by NUS ODAC - a cycling event from East Coast Park to Marina Barrage + picnic + some games 

(I specially changed one of my tuition sessions on Saturday to Monday for this.)

I joined it because I wanted to have a "feel" of making friends through interactive activities/games. I feel that the friends I make in my school are mostly in a very stressful context because either we have to work as a group to solve a problem or we have to work together for projects which would determine our grades. And I didn't like it.

Who would be in the mood to know about one another when what we are supposed to focus is on the work/project we are doing? Yeah... So I decided to give this event a try.

While I only managed to know some acquaintances here and there (as expected), I still thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Here is a short video I took when I was cycling in tandem with Fabian!



The route from ECP to Marina Barrage is sooooo awesome right!!!!!!!! 
I really don't mind going there every weekend just to do this if I could.


In one of the games, I was supposed to be blindfolded and touch the guys' arms and select Fabian out of all the guys there.

And you know what.....


I CHOSE CORRECTLY IN MY FIRST TRY! Hahaha. So unbelievable. I'm still surprised until now.

Oh yes!!! And picnic at Marina Barrage was so relaxing.

When I lay down on the mat and just stare at the sky.... I feel so calm and happy for some reasons.. =D





One of the best things today - unexpected fireworks from our view there!

I remembered someone called Hayden, the event organiser was like saying "We prepared this firework for all of you," and I'm laughing at what he said because obviously it was not true but it was funny how he credited it to the organising team. LOL.








Anyway... it is 3.20a.m. now.. I'm gonna head to bed soon and study tomorrow.
Might need to head to mum's place to take care of sis if she is still sick.


Goodnight~
-------------------

Happy Valentine's Day sweetheart.

No comments: