Monday 1 February 2016

Stress is directly proportional to nearing of assignment deadlines

Just called up Ministry of Health, Chiropractic Association, Dr Prem Pillay's clinic to request for interview with regards to my follow-up article.

They told me to write in with some of the sample questions instead. And I did.

Now I just have to patiently wait for their responses.

First time I'm taking the role of a "journalist" - felt stressed instead of "refreshing" because I am too worried about the deadline. I mean, what if they reject me?

I would perhaps need to turn to others or start a new follow-up article instead.

 It isn't that easy to start on a new article counting in the fact that I would need to research on all the backlogs on the content of the new article to find out what are the new perspectives I can cover and what are the old perspectives I should not cover again. Interview questions need a lot of elaborate thinking too.


Now I'll just keep my fingers crossed and pray for the best.

Honestly I could have chosen a simpler article to do a reaction piece to it - since it is only worth 10% of our grade.

But I guess it's just me. Something in me that always tells me that If I am going to spend efforts doing something, then I should spend my utmost best to doing it to produce something more impactful and useful.


Recently I have been feeling sick and today I feel a lot better - maybe because I had a good sleep!

I made a promise to myself that I must treat "sleeping" as something that I must "do" just like how I "eat", "bathe" etc. I have a tendency to put everything and anything above sleeping, which is why my health is so bad now.


Off to do household chores before I continue on my assignments - till then! >:)


No comments: